If you were making a mixtape or playlist of your favorite songs about money, what would make the cut?
Visiting with a few of our clients this week offered a nice opportunity to turn on the radio. And with the radio on, we could revisit that ongoing question.
On one of our recent Park Piedmont weekly team Zooms, we spent the better part of an hour discussing songs about money, getting input from our whole team. Our initial songlist runs the gamut from standards of the American Songbook to Hip-Hop, Disco to Rock, Country to Folk.
Take a look at our list and then let us know: what are we missing? What songs would you add to our “Money Music” playlist?
- For the Love of Money – The O’Jays
- Money, Money, Money – Abba
- Money Can’t Buy It – Annie Lennox
- Too Much – Drake
- 9 To 5 – Dolly Parton
- Money Trees – Kendrick Lamar
- If I Were a Rich Man – Fiddler on the Roof
- Money – Pink Floyd
- Money (That’s What I Want) – Barrett Strong, later covered by The Beatles
- Supply & Demand – Amos Lee
- Get Rich Quick – Little Richard
- Money Don’t Matter 2 Night – Prince & the New Power Generation
- Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money) – Pet Shop Boys
- Money Changes Everything – Cyndi Lauper
- Mo Money Mo Problems – The Notorious B.I.G. feat. Puff Daddy and Mase
- I Got Plenty o’ Nuttin’ – Porgy and Bess
- She Works Hard For the Money – Donna Summer
- Subterranean Homesick Blues – Bob Dylan
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want – The Rolling Stones
- $ave Dat Money – Lil Dicky